Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Squashed Cherry Tomato & Smashed Olive Salad




I had the day off from work on Monday and decided to take advantage of being home, so I made myself a Jamie Oliver salad for lunch. It was basically just cherry tomatoes, olives red wine vinegar, olive oil & pepper. You can also throw in a little of arugula at the end to fill it out a bit, which is exactly what I did. Jamie was not kidding, when he warned me to place my hand over the cherry tomato before squishing them -- those suckers squirt out juice and seeds like crazy! It went absolutely everywhere! I probably should have heeded his warning.

One thing I was not very happy about was again, the layout of this recipe. It was written more like a short story or a letter to a friend, rather than a recipe. There was no list of ingredients you would need, I guess maybe because there were so few, he figured he didn't need to actually spell it out for you. It would have been nice to be told exactly which types of olives to use though. I just wound up getting a Mediterranean mix and used a few of each. 
That's my only complaint with this recipe however. Everything else was very tasty, and it was very quick!




I did want to add in one more thing and let you all know that it looks like Jamie and I am well on our way to becoming fast friends! Ha ha! Okay, not really. But he did respond to another tweet of mine! I let him know that I completed his highly coveted Chicken in Milk recipe last week and got a response back!! 



Add caption

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying all of your posts and the recipes look delicious. To think that our adventure to meet Jamie Oliver at the bookstore has now brought you to this part of your life. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete