Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Gordon Ramsay


I wanted to take a quick detour from the usual post and talk about another well known British chef that I am a fan of. Gordon Ramsay. Many of you probably know him as the blond, foul mouthed head chef  and owner of Hell's Kitchen. His other shows include Master Chef, Master Chef Jr., & Kitchen Nightmares. Also, something that I always thought was pretty cool and random is that he has a daughter named Megan. My maiden name is Ramsey. Get it? Megan Ramsey?? 

I've got a process to this whole blog writing thing I do, which is that I obviously find a Jamie Oliver recipe, cook it, write about it for all you lovely people and then I post the pictures Ive taken and a little blurb about the particular post, along with the link to this blog, up on as many social media accounts as I have. Its the best way to get this bad boy out into the world, and is how, I am sure, many of you have come across it. Lately, I have also been following many chefs and food related sites on Twitter, and asking them to check out this blog. If I'm being honest, I never really expected much to come from that. I just figured that because all of those sites had so many followers, those followers would see my blog as well. Well, it did more then that. Friday morning I was checking out any new notifications I had and lo and behold I had a new follower! Gordon Ramsay himself! So because of this, I decided to write a special post dedicated to him, in which I could do one of his recipes.


As I've mentioned many times now, it's hard for me to cook dinner during the week because I get home so late from work. I do however, get to cook a little bit during the day for my lunch. I am a nanny, so when the child I watch takes her nap, I have a good two hours and I would much rather eat a hot meal, then a sandwich or a salad every day. I have tried to find a simple recipe of Jamie Oliver's that I can do at work, but unfortunately I have yet to find something that is simple enough and doesn't include a bunch of ingredients that I would have to bring with me from home So I usually wind up making up my own quick version of a chicken thigh or spinach & shrimp dish. Coincidentally, the other day I happened to do a quick steak recipe that belongs to Gordon Ramsay himself. I'm sure you've seen the viral video online somewhere. It was actually put onto my Facebook wall by a friend a few weeks ago.

All you basically do is season the steak, put it in a very hot pan with oil, add some fresh thyme, garlic cloves and butter, baste the steak with the butter and constantly keep turning it so that it cooks from both sides. It's very fast, extremely delicious, and for me a bit messy! As I have also mentioned many times before, fresh thyme in oil pops! There is definitely a little bit of cleanup to do afterward, but it is so totally worth it!!





I would like to finish this post by thanking everyone who has been reading since I started writing. I am 11 posts down, and I'm sure tons to go! It would be really great to see how many of you there actually are though, and I would love to know your opinions -- what am I doing wrong, doing right, what would you like more of, less of. Let me know in the comments section everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment