Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Parsnip and Pancetta Pasta w Parmesan & Butter



Disclaimer: Thyme pops! Something I very quickly learned after throwing a few leaves into a pan of hot oil. Toss it in, and run away people! 

With this dish, Jamie brought yet another new kind of pasta to my attention, Tagliatelle. I'm not gonna lie, it is kind of embarrassing since I not only went to culinary school (and I am now realizing that I did not know as much about food as I thought I did), but because I am also now married to an Italian and I feel like I should definitely up my pasta knowledge. According to the photo in the cookbook, tagliatelle looks like a wider version of linguine, but not as wide as pappardelle. So because I couldn't actually find it, I wound up using linguine instead. Bonus points however for the fact that it was garlic and basil linguine!

This recipe was a pretty a straightforward one. Boil water and cook the pasta in that. Sauté pancetta & parsnip in butter and garlic. I might have had my flame up a little too high though, because I over cooked the pancetta a bit,and was experiencing some pancetta shrinkage, so I decided to add a little bacon. My Wife is probably the biggest bacon fan around, so she definitely didn't mind. 

Jamie was right about parsnips and pancetta seeming like a strange mix, but it sure as hell was a tasty one! I'm sure I mentioned before that I am not the biggest pasta fan. For some reason, and makes me feel extremely full, extremely fast. Not a fun feeling. So even though I found this incredibly delicious, I only had one small portion. Which, turns out was a good thing because we had more than enough left over for my wife's  dinner the following night.

Delicious pasta!


I wanted to add one more thing. I happily found the second picture from my day of meeting Jamie Oliver all those many years ago. I was really excited to share it with you all!

Jamie Oliver 2003



1 comment: