Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Midnight Pan-Cooked Breakfast



This weeks recipe had to be something super quick, easy, and it would be helpful if I had already made it before. We had yet another busy weekend, a family wedding in Pennsylvania, and so Sunday night's dinner had to be pushed to Monday night. I then had to work a 10 hour day and didn't have time to eat breakfast that morning. So I decided to make breakfast for dinner. 


One of my favorite British meals, besides a Sunday roast dinner (which I definitely need to make soon), is a Full English breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and fried bread/toast. I have never been a fan of fried beans though, to me, beans are not supposed to be sweet. So because of this, I opt to exclude them from my Full English whenever I have one. Jamie's version of a full English breakfast is more of a late night snack after you've had a few drinks out. He even tells the story of how he concocted this recipe as a young boy, drunk and just throwing things into a pan for him and his friends. He decided to go the story route this time around yet again, instead of actually writing down the recipe.

As I said earlier, I have actually made this recipe before. Back when my "obsession" first began, not only did I watch every episode of The Naked Chef, but I taped them all on VHS and watched them over and over again. One episode was basically the exact story he mentioned in his cookbook. Except there was no underage drinking going on. He went out with a bunch of his friends and when they came back to his house, he made them all the Midnight Pan-Cooked Breakfast. All you do is throw bacon, sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes into a hot pan, cook them up a bit and then crack a few eggs into the empty spaces between all the ingredients. Once it's finished cooking, it'll look like a giant omelette Frisbee. As a child myself, this was obviously one of the easier recipes to make and so I became pretty fond of it and have been making versions of it my whole life.




2 comments:

  1. I need this now! Eggs with anything is great in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so good! You have to try it!

    ReplyDelete